Building on the success of the Pathways evaluation training offer last winter, we will be offering a streamlined version of the workshops again.
The offer is open to all our Outreach Hub partners in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland: universities, FE colleges, local authorities and community groups.
We are taking a blended approach with theory being provided virtual live via Zoom, and an in-person day to practise your skills and get feedback.
The workshops have two main aims:
- To enable you to confidently consult with your audience/clients about their needs
- To demonstrate your successes in meeting your audiences’ needs and forming recommendations for improvement
You may sign up for as few or as many workshops as you wish. You can:
- Find out about evaluation, including theory of change, and how to plan and deliver it (workshop 1)
- Find out how we learn best and how cognitive science principles can be used to ensure your activities are effective (workshop 2)
- Find out how to use surveys and qualitative methods to provide you with high-quality, useful data when undertaking consultations or evaluating your activities (workshop 3)
- Get feedback on your evaluations and practise the skills learnt in the virtual workshops (workshop 4)
Please refer to the training menu below for further details of dates, times, session objectives, and pre- and post-session reading/exercises.
Steps to register
1) Please book your place on the workshop(s) you wish to attend: https://loughborough-pathways.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/evaluation-training-autumn-2021 or scan the QR code below.
2) Please hold the time(s) in your diary: Further details regarding times can be found in the below training menu. We will confirm your place(s) soon.
To get the most out of the offer, please factor in some time to complete any pre- or post-session reading and/or exercises. This is particularly important for the face-to-face session where time will be allocated to giving you personalised feedback.
The virtual workshops will take place using the Zoom platform. Please ensure you have a Zoom account set up prior to booking a place on the workshop(s) (https://zoom.us/signin).
The face-to-face day will take place on the University of Leicester campus. Room details to follow. We also hope to provide a quiet space for individual work if you wish to dip in and out of the sessions.
All workshops (both virtual and face-to-face) comprise a mixture of taught content, discussion, and participant practice, so please come prepared to contribute, to ask questions, and to have a go!