Pathways in collaboration with Creative Kingdoms would like to invite all aspiring artists to join our October half-term art club!
Whatever your level, style or artistic ambitions, this is an opportunity for you to pursue your interests in art and develop your skills and portfolio further. Pathways have successfully delivered art and design clubs for students to develop their art skills supported by industry experts. Students have had the opportunity to explore so many areas from video development, personal branding, and street art.
Prior to the COVID-19 lockdowns we held Art Club face-to-face on university campuses. Over the past 18 months, we have held the Art Club virtually over Zoom. This autumn Art Club will be held both face-to-face and virtually. When you sign up, you will be asked to consent to being randomised* to either the face-to-face Club or the virtual Club. This is so we can see which format works best.
If you are randomised to the face-to-face format, and travelling is difficult for you, we can provide a taxi to take you. If you are randomised to the virtual version, you will need to download the Zoom platform to your tablet or computer – further instructions will be provided.
REMEMBER: in order to book your place on the autumn Art Club you must consent to being randomised.
* Randomisation is the process where you are randomly assigned to one group (face-to-face) or another (virtual) group. A computer program is used for this. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Dates:
18th – 22nd October 2021
Monday 18th October: 10:00 – 14:00
Tuesday 19th October: 10:00 – 14:00
Wednesday 20th October: 10:00 – 14:00
Thursday 21st October: 10:00 – 14:00
Friday 22nd October: 10.00 – 14:00 (Final Exhibition)
All sessions are FREE – Art & Design Materials will be posted to you if required.
- To know what leadership is and apply it creatively.
- To understand individual leadership skills, and express these skills through a creative outlet with others.
- To create a mini portfolio as a record of their skills and self development.
- To help the students become more aware of themselves and their creative skills, and encourage open speaking through the exhibition.
Who can apply?
This opportunity is open to Year 9 and Year 10 students.
You do not have to be taking art and/or design at GCSE level to take part but an interest in developing artistic and creative skills and knowledge is essential.
There is a limited amount of spaces available. Students who apply to the October half-term art clubs will need to sign up to Edmodo where Pathways will be posting information about art courses and careers in art.
Deadlines for Applications:
Use the ‘Book Now’ button and applications will close on Monday 11th October 2021.