Pathways' Workshop Packs
What are the Year 9 Pathways’ Workshop Packs?
Pathways have developed a range of fully resourced workshop packages for students to explore their further and higher education opportunities. All DIY delivery packs come with activity sheets, a lesson plan, and a PowerPoint. We recommend these workshops for ages 13 – 15, but a number of these activities are applicable to a wide range of young people. These workshops can be delivered in a number of ways. See the options under ‘location’ on the right-hand side of this page.
How will they meet Gatsby Benchmarks?
Using our Pathways’ workshop packs in line with the accompanying lesson plans will help fulfil certain Gatsby Benchmarks. See below for which Gatsby Benchmarks are achieved in particular workshops.
The Pathways’ Workshop Packs:
1. University Terminology Bingo:
- This university terminology bingo activity provides students with a basic understanding of keywords associated with Higher Education (HE). This activity is ideal as a starter to any of our workshops.
- Gatsby Benchmarks: 3, 7
- Workshop Length: 10 – 15 minutes
2. Create Your Own University Profile:
- This is a helpful introductory activity to exploring the opportunities available in Higher Education (HE). Students will get to design their own university profile and consider what their future university self might look like!
- Gatsby Benchmarks: 7
- Workshop Length: 35 – 45 minutes
Year 9 – Pathways’ Workshop Packs
Date & time
Friday, 19/06/2020 - Saturday, 10/07/2021
Location- DIY delivery
- On-site delivery by a Pathways member of staff
- Virtual pre-recorded delivery
- Live virtual delivery Request a Pathways Workshop Pack