Year 12 Residential
In July 2018 the Pathways team in Leicester ran a 2 day Residential.
This activity introduced 51 Year 12 students to life at university. Through a number of team working activities, sports sessions and night spent in halls of residence students developed their key transferable skills and gained an insight into life as an undergraduate.
Participating students were set a communication challenge by the Speaker’s Trust where they developed key transferable skills such as:
- Team working and leadership
- Active listening and communication
- Creative expression
Throughout the day students also heard from the Career Development Service, took part in a number of sporting activities, stayed in a catered halls of residence and had ambassadors on hand who answered any questions about life at University.
Objectives of the event were:
- To increase understanding of and interest in HE amongst participants
- To raise awareness of different routes and courses at university
- 51 participants from schools in the East Midlands and further afield.
- 53% female, 47% male
- 75% of participants agreed or strongly agreed with the statement “I am confident I would ‘fit in’ at University” on a post-event survey
- 90% of participants agreed or strongly agreed with the statement “I am motivated to do well in my school or college work” on a post-event survey
All photography © Osborne Hollis Limited
Leicester Year 12 Residential
Date & time
Monday, 01/07/2019 - Thursday, 04/07/2019
- University of Leicester
- De Montfort University
- Loughborough University