Pathways' Workshop Packs
What are the Year 12 Pathways’ Workshop Packs?
Pathways have developed a range of fully resourced workshop packages for students to explore their further and higher education opportunities. All DIY delivery packs come with activity sheets, a lesson plan, and a PowerPoint. We recommend these workshops for ages 14 – 15, but a number of these activities are applicable to a wide range of young people. These workshops can be delivered in a number of ways. See the options under ‘location’ on the right-hand side of this page.
How will they meet Gatsby Benchmarks?
Using our Pathways’ workshop packs in line with the accompanying lesson plans will help fulfil certain Gatsby Benchmarks. See below for what Gatsby Benchmarks are achieved in particular workshops.
The Pathways’ Workshop Packs:
1. Exploring University Courses in VR:
- This workshop is ideal for any student struggling to decide what university course to choose. This will give you the chance to watch videos and explore academic departments at different universities in 360˚. Students can use a VR headset here!
- Gatsby Benchmarks: 3, 7
- Workshop Length: 45 minutes
2. Higher Education Jargon Buster – Card Sort:
- This match-up activity is a helpful starting point for any student starting to explore their options in Higher Education (HE).
- Gatsby Benchmarks: 7
- Workshop Length: 10 – 20 minutes
3. Graduate Destinations and Alumni:
- This workshop encourages students to consider the links between university courses and different careers. The second part of this workshop allows students to explore what careers former university students (alumni) have chosen based on their university course.
- Gatsby Benchmarks: 2, 3, 7
- Workshop Length: 45 minutes for each section
To download a pack and choose your delivery option, please click the ‘request a Pathways’ Workshop Pack’ button on the right-hand side of this page.Back to Activities page
Year 12 – Pathways’ Workshop Packs
Date & time
Friday, 19/06/2020 - Friday, 09/07/2021
Location- DIY delivery
- On-site delivery by a Pathways member of staff
- Virtual pre-recorded delivery
- Live virtual delivery
Request Learning Packs